Mason Jar DIY with Big Sisters' Party

Becoming an older sibling is rough. Trust me, I know I have 8 younger brothers and sisters. I am the oldest. There is something about losing more and more attention from your parents, in the beginning of newborns. So I have Star and Aggie as stepdaughters, who have no other mother, and depend on me. I wanted to do something extra special for them with my own touch.


The idea was on Pinterest came to me while I was looking up Big Sister Bags to give to them when I go into labor. I had remember a friend of mine throwing a party for her daughter becoming a big sister. There was cookies and she was given a certificate. But that just didn't seem like enough for my two little girls. So I went back to Pinterest...

Fawn Over Baby has the perfect post. Those created my idea. Now, I won't be able to do a hospital party like she did but I decided to something a little more special and wait about giving them the present until they do come see the babies and us. 

So I started thinking that I wanted them to have a special day to remember as us as a family before the babies are here. I still plan on giving them the Big Sister bags from us, and picking out a medium size toy each from their new siblings.

Once that was finished I decided on date of the party with my best friend Jessica and my grandmother. My grandmother was the one that said look on Party City for some ideas and boy did we find one! FROZEN Party here we come! Plus, Frozen is all about sisters which is just perfect for the theming. So we ordered Big Sister Crowns that look like Frozen colors, which is where the theme came from, and we decided to make some things of our own for decoration and favors! 

And guess what we used? Mason jars!!!



















And there you have it! A bunch of mason jar tricks and DIY for parties! I love some of these ideas for other things! 

No comments